We are proud of the healthy changes that centers participating in Healthy Way to Grow are making!
Silver-level recognition indicates that centers have achieved all standards required by Bronze-level recognition, and in addition have:
- Achieved at least 75% of the center’s Wellness Policy goals;
- Offered its staff in-service training/continuing education on nutrition, physical activity, infant feeding (if applicable) and screen time guidelines at least twice a year;
- Included learning activities for children in the center’s lesson plans that incorporate nutrition, healthy eating and physical activity at least once per lesson planning cycle, and informal learning opportunities are included at least 2-4 times per week;
- Provided parents/families educational information on nutrition, physical activity and screen time two or more times per year, as well as planned and implemented a family-centered activity/event around healthy eating or physical activity at least once a year;
- Achieved at least 80% of applicable core best practices in nutrition, physical activity, screen time and infant feeding from the Let’s Move Child Care Quiz;
- Offered center staff information on individual health self-assessment or conducted a staff wellness assessment.