We are proud of the healthy changes that centers participating in Healthy Way to Grow are making!
Gold-level recognition indicates that centers have achieved all standards required by Bronze and Silver-level recognition, and in addition have:
- Achieved at least 90% of the center’s Wellness Policy goals and created a Wellness Advisory Council consisting of parents and other stakeholders;
- Offered its staff in-service training/continuing education on nutrition, physical activity, infant feeding (if applicable) and screen time guidelines three or more times per year;
- Offer formal and informal learning opportunities that incorporate nutrition, healthy eating and physical activity to children daily.
- Families are engaged in the center’s Wellness Policy review and updates;
- Center achieved all applicable core best practices in nutrition, physical activity, screen time and infant feeding from the Let’s Move Child Care Quiz;
- Center staff have opportunities to participate in physical activities and/or healthy eating programs and the center implements at least one staff wellness goal in their center wellness policy.